About Me

My photo
This is my little spot to share my creativity with anyone who happens upon it. May God bless your days with laughter, joy and plenty! Leave a comment and let me know you have been here!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

With All My Heart

Hey, "Yes Girls"!! This is so exciting. I haven't used my blog in quite a while and now here I am, excited to share and I cannot wait to read all of your blogs.

The verse this week was a great one for me. My life has gotten a little off-track lately. I have not been attending church for quite some time now and I have been praying and asking God for clarity in this area for a long time and just don't feel that I have heard Him yet. Another major thing going for me is that my youngest child turned 16 and has been driving since January. He is very active at school and has lots of friends (I am so proud of him!!), but he is gone a lot and I have to face the fact that being a"mommy" is over. I will always be a mom but my three incredible, independent babies really don't need a "mommy" anymore. And being a mommy has been my main focus for 29 years (I had my first baby at age 16 and then spread them out pretty far apart) So, the question ringing in my head is..."Now What??"

So, this week as I spent time with God and pondered how to love him with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength, He watered my being with some foundational truths. He reminded me how very much HE loves me. He calls me His own. He loves me unconditionally. He loves me with grace, mercy, tenderness and passion. I don't have to DO anything to be loved by Him. Even when I mess up, even when I'm lazy, broken, rude, unhappy and just plain wrong.....HE STILL LOVES ME!!!!


It's hard for me to even understand that kind of love. I can relate it to the way I love my children. I really can't imagine them doing anything that could make me not love them. But I know God's love is even purer, even sweeter, even bigger than that. So, as He poured His love into me this week, reminding me at every turn of my day that He Had me covered in grace and mercy.............I realized MY heart was BURSTING with love for HIM.

So, I think that sometimes when I'm trying to love God, like really working on how I'm loving Him and if it's enough or in the right ways, I am missing the point. Those are times I need to re-learn, re-remember how very much He loves me because when the truth is re-planted in my heart - then loving Him with all my heart, all my soul and all my strength isn't optional, isn't something I'm working on, it's just reality. How can I not love my Father who loves me with no boundaries, no conditions, no reservations. I am a BELOVED child of the King of Kings. WOW!!!!

I hope this blesses some of you as I have been so blessed this week by the honesty and encouragement on the blog and in my Facebook group. Have a great weekend and remember God loves YOU!!!

6 comments:

  1. My youngest daughter will be 16 this January....totally already getting depressed! I live for my kids, as of this week and your blog I decided to live for God!
    Thanks for your blog! Palms UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leave those sweet words. I'm learning to...("So, the question ringing in my head is..."Now What??")
    answer that question myself. Our daughter got married in May and moved to NC because her husband is in the military. My son (31)lives on his own and pops in here and there. I guess "Now What??" might be why we are in this blog hop. :) Love your post!

    ~Tammt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue what a refreshing look at God's love for us <3 He IS enough, He is EVERYTHING we need, and He pours so much into us. I was so blessed to hear how you heard from God this week. I pray that as this study continues and you say Yes! you will hear from Him more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue! Thanks for dropping by my blog and letting me know that I am not the only one with too much on my plate. A wonderful reminder that He Loves Us unconditionally, great encouraging words! Many more blessings for you are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue! I'll be praying God shows you how to move forward with your precious ones! My daughter just married this May, so we have begun a new chapter in our mother/daughter relationship. That's the beauty of motherhood...it never ends...God just weaves together new chapters in our relationships with our children. Hugs to you!

    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so amazing how deep our Father loves us. It is a joy whenever I see someone grasping how deep that love is and getting excited by it. What an encouragement you are for us all. This time of study has been such a blessing for me. I have an 18 year old, and I am beginning to see the difference in my role as mom too. :) Praying for God to bless you during this walk.

    ReplyDelete